Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Frustration

   I haven't posted in the last few weeks as I have felt nothing but complete frustration! After the last post I had the fluid drained from my lungs and had a few days of relief but this didn't last very long and was back to coughing and having a hard time breathing again soon after. The procedure was alot easier then it was explained to me so for that part I was very happy. I also now am having a lot of issues with my stomach, it has become very hard for me to eat without feeling nausea or stomach cramping and honestly most of the time just easier not to eat. I know something different is going on but when I called my Dr last week for help and some answers he was on vacation. Now I totally get that everyone has every right to vacation and some serious family time but really why can I not talk to someone about how I am feeling, what's going on right now with my body, what were the results from the fluid and finally what happened with insurance and WHAT ARE WE DOING? I do so much better when I know what the game plan is even if we are waiting for a week at least I know what to expect and what I need to plan my life around.
   So first thing bright and early Monday morning I was calling my Dr. He is back from vacation and things have gotten so much worse. I just feel so crappy now a days and I have been on nothing for the last 3 weeks, this just doesn't work for me!! Do I have a plan now? Somewhat.... We will be putting a Catheter into my lungs to keep the fluid from building up until we can get all the chemo drugs approved through insurance. It may take a little bit also for my body to respond so I could end up having this in for a few months.....UGHHH! Now to just have the appointment to put this in, they should be calling sometime today. With the other stuff going on right now my Dr has prescribed an anti nausea medication if this doesn't work for me today then I will be going in to see my Dr tomorrow so that some testing can be done and we can figure out what is going on. So after a week long of feeling like nothing was happening and not knowing what to do to make myself better. I am feeling a little more comfortable with things again and am just looking forward to moving ahead.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty miserable Connie, you frustration level is more than understandable. Praying for you..you sweet, sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your feelings, Connie. I wish I coud do something for the Medical Field to make it more humane. You should have a direct line to help, comfort, information or whatever else you need. All I can say is "Hang in There". Unfortunately, we all have our own personal journey or perhaps it is fortunate and part of God's plan for us. Many prayers are going you way
    VonZza Melville

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie- I saw the article in the Bee about your fight, and I'd like to help. I lost my husband (aged 46) earlier this year to this beast cancer. Besides my prayers, which you will have, is there some way I can help ease your burdens? I'm not wealthy, I'm a schoolteacher, but I was my husband's primary caregiver for over 2 years as he fought the good fight.

    My email is danellsar@yahoo.com . I had a "crew" like yours who fed me and cared for me and my kids during my husband's fight. Please tell me some way I can help. Do you need groceries delivered? Dinner? I am reaching out and hope you will take hold of my hand. This is a most terrible journey, but also has many rewards in the kindness of family, friends, and even strangers.
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete