Friday, September 28, 2012

Peach Fuzz

 Back in July when I lost my hair from the brain radiation. I was told that I may not ever have hair again or that if I did it may be thinner. When my hair fell out it was so different then how it was when I lost my hair from chemo. With chemo I always had just a little bit of peach fuzz there and knew that as soon as I stopped chemo it would grow back very quickly. With radiation it was gone gone gone!! There was no peach fuzz and all I had was a very smooth bald head. I had pretty much at that point just figured I was not ever going to have my hair again and just surrendered to that feeling. Hey the nice part of this was that it takes me 1 minute now to do my hair. Well, as of this week I have started growing a little bit of fuzz on my head. It is way to early to tell what it might end up looking like but from what I can feel right now it is pretty patching and there are quite a few bald spots. I will give it about a month and then I should have more of an idea. It's really funny the things that can make me so happy now. Just the thought of having hair on my head again makes me so excited. We are coming into winter (maybe not here in California) and my head gets so dang cold I need all that hair on my head. Who knows we will see..... I could end up being as bald as my grandfather. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment