Thursday, December 27, 2012

Where does time go?

 Wow.... where does the time go? I can't believe that it has already been so many months from my last post let alone that the year is coming to an end. I guess since it has been so long since I posted I should get you all up to date.  Oh where to begin.....I am going to be completely honest and let you know that things have gotten progressively worse.  I am now currently bed bound and spend lots of time in bed visiting with my children, family and friends.  But you know me, it is all about spending time and those precious moments with those that I love.  We ended up having a wonderful family Christmas with my Brother, Sister, her family, my Dad and all of my kids.  I still can't believe we squeezed all 14 of us into my bedroom!  It was an interesting holiday this year, but although it was not what I was expecting 2 weeks ago, it was probably one of the funnest Christmases despite the pain. Can my brother, sister and children make anything greater for me? I don't think so.  I was planning on leaving today on a family RV camping trip with the kids, but because of my situation, plans have changed and we are now doing an indoor camp out here at home.  It is a big let down for the boys and that makes me frustrated, but once again it is all about memories, and I know that it doesn't matter where we are at, it is just about making memories.

  Medically, right now, I have numbness on the left side of my body that makes it impossible for me to get around without any help.  But of course, I want to keep it comical and we have had some pretty funny times with my health care givers trying to help me around the house.  I never knew how strong Bladen was until this last week.  What a stud!!  I do have 24 hour supervision now and some of my health care givers, including friends and family, we have had some pretty good laughs.  You know I am going to keep it as light as possible.  As much as I love all of my friends, I am still going to ask people to not try and contact me directly.  I cannot even type this blog myself because I  have very limited use of my hands.  No more Doctor visits for me.  I am now on hospice care and it has been very nice.  They have been so great and have really helped me understand and keep things under control with my disease.  With medication we have gotten the coughing under control and that, right now, is something I am not having to deal with. 

  With all of this wonderful cancer stuff going on, we do still have some great news to report on the family side.  Bladen and his girlfriend Hannah, are engaged!  They got engaged about a month ago. I am so excited to have Hannah become a part of our family.  I am especially excited  that I am going to be an Oma (but that is not public knowledge, so I really shouldn't be announcing it here,  ha ha).  I have always looked forward to grandchildren and knew the time would come, I just didn't think it would come this quickly.  Being an Oma is one of the most important things to me and being able to find out whether it is a boy or a girl would just be the icing on the cake.  Bladen and Hannah have plans to get married after the baby is born, which will be in June.  They are so sweet together and I am so happy to have Hannah joining our family.

I am sorry that it has taken me a while to update you all and as much as I would like to keep you up to date in the future, I can't guarantee it will happen as quickly as you would like.  With the help I am getting I will try to have it updated a little more often.  I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and I will be sending all of my love to you and your families for a happy New Year.

Connie

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Connie. Congrats on being an Oma, that is so wonderful. You have a wonderful family and I am impressed that they brought Christmas right into your bedroom!! Family is what it is all about and you hit the jackpot. I love you and I miss you.

    Shannon Bird

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    cameronvsj(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete